Tuesday, September 23, 2003

Pegasus, one of the best email clients and free too!

Pegasus is one of my favourite programs. I tried lots of email clients before and while using Pegasus. I started using it a long time ago, around version 2. Probably around 1995-97, whenever it was released. It was one of the best email clients then and remains so now. It has every feature I need except a pim. I am waiting for David Harris the owner/programmer to include one. I have been waiting a year now so I may as well settle in for the long haul :-). Pegasus is a 4 meg download and uses 6 meg of memory on my machine(A dell c640 with 512meg ram 2g p4 chip). Brilliant. Outlook and Outlook Express slowed my computer and gave me a less pleasant environment in which to work. They use too much memory(my outlook uses 24 meg), I had to move my mouse to look at each item in a digest then I had to close each item and open the next, how tedious. In my opinion Pegasus is cleaner, better, at its only function, email.

No comments: